Thursday 28 January 2016

Bean Sprout-Soya Bean Cake Fry

When I first came to Singapore, I didn't like sprouts at all. It might be because we don't get this vegetable in India those days and not used to it. I started preparing this dish for my husband. I tried to taste it slowly and started liking. Now I cook this dish weekly once or twice. Another thing which makes me to cook this dish is my kids. Both of them love it a lot.

This is a very easy recipe and its health contents are high. Sprouts contains a lot of vitamins and minerals and soya bean cake is an excellent source of iron and calcium and a very good source of protein. 
Ingredients
Bean Sprouts – 300gm
Soya Bean Cake (Unicurd Tau Kwa) – 400gm
Shallots – 3 nos, sliced
Chillies – 2 nos, slitted
Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
Salt – to taste
Oil – 3 tablespoons















Steps
  1. Wash and clean the sprouts well.
  2. Cut soya bean cake into square pieces and fry in oil. (No need to deep fry)
  3. Heat oil in a pan and saute shallots and green chilli.
  4. Add cleaned sprouts to it and mix well.
  5. Add turmeric powder and salt and saute for 2 minutes.
  6. Now add the fried bean cake pieces. Mix well and remove from the fire.
  7. This is a very tasty and healthy side dish for rice.



No comments:

Post a Comment