Monday 30 October 2017

Oats in yogurt

We have heard mixing oats with milk for breakfast or dinner. I have tasted oats in yogurt without salt or tadka 6 years back when my colleague (Chinese lady) brought it to office. Actually I hesitated to try because it was totally a new combination for me. But she compelled me to try and said I will definitely like it. Finally I tried half a teaspoon of it and it was amazing. Later I modified it to our Indian version and find it really superb. If you are following any diet, you can try this recipe.
Ingredients
Oats - 5 tablespoons
Yogurt - 4 tablespoons
Green chilli - 1 no.chopped
Salt - to taste

For tempering
Oil - 1 teaspoon
Shallots - 3 nos, chopped
curry leaves - a few
















Method
Mix oats, yogurt,green chilli and salt and keep for 20 minutes. Heat oil in a pan and fry shallots until it is brown. Add curry leaves and pour this mixture to oats. Mix and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment