Saturday 2 May 2015

Raw Mango Salad

I always wanted to try Thai mango salad recipe whenever I dine in at Bali-Thai Restaurant. I have seen a few Thai recipes, however I did not like many of the ingredients like Shrimp powder, peanuts etc etc.

So I thought of trying a simple mango salad by my own. It will be a perfect salad for this hot weather
.

INGREDIENTS
Raw Mango – 2
Cucumber – 1
Shallots – 3 nos
Chillies – 1 no
Cherry Tomatoes – a few nos
Fish Sauce – 1 table spoon (optional)
Sugar – ½ tea spoon (optional)
Salt – a pinch
Crushed Chilli – 1 tea spoon
Lime Juice – a table spoon 













METHOD 
1) Shred the mangoes and cucumber to long thin strips. Finely slice the shallots.
2) Combine fish sauce and sugar in a small bowl and mix together with shredded mango-cucumber.
3) Add all other ingredients except cherry tomatoes to mango – cucumber and mix well.
4) Now add cut cherry tomatoes.
5) Garnish with one cherry tomato on the top.

1 comment: